Regulations and Laws on Military Draft Registration (Selective Service) by State

Driver’s License Linked to Registration? Yes, must be registered to receive license, permit, or identification card.

Registration Linked to Access to Higher Education? Yes, must be registered to enroll in a state funded institution of higher education; males are required to submit a statement of compliance upon enrollment.

Registration Required for State Employment? No.

HB01-1284 stipulates that any male between 18 and 26 who applies for a driver’s license, learning permit, or identification card, will be registered with the SSS.  Submission of the application provides consent for information to be sent to the SSS; however, the department must inform the applicant that this is the case.  This bill amended Colorado Statutes 42-2-107, 42-2-302, and 42-2-403.  Colorado Statute 23-5-118 requires that males between the ages of 18 and 26 must be registered to be enrolled in a state institution of higher education.